BOH Dept. Head
Job OverviewResponsible for cleaning all dishes, pots, pans, glassware and utensils within unit and follows company-directed guidelines for sanitation and cleanliness by performing the following duties:
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment for all Staff Members and guests.
- Scrapes, racks, and stacks glassware/plate ware/silverware properly in dishwasher.
- Sweeps, mops, and washes pots, dishes, etc. by using hand or dish equipment and cooler detailing.
- Removes waste, garbage, and recyclable materials from kitchen area to appropriate receptacles.
- Stocks all glassware/plate ware/silverware as cleaned.
- Maintains all dishware washing procedures and continuous cleaning schedule of dish machine every two hours.
- Maintains a clean workstation and equipment appearances and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness.
- Assists in the stocking, cleaning, and closing of all stations as directed.
- Assists kitchen staff with prep work.
- Cross-trains on prep stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.